58th Street & Woodland Avenue to 60th Street & Woodland Avenue
– This project involves the excavation and renewal of the existing trolley track on Woodland Avenue from 58th Street to 60th Street. Construction will take place from February 28, 2022, through April 15, 2022.
DETOURS DURING CONSTRUCTION
– This track renewal project to renew corroded and broken rail will result in the closure of Woodland Avenue between 58th and 60th streets. The street will be closed to through traffic.
– To allow for shopping center access, segments of Woodland Avenue will be reopened as work is completed.
– Routes G will be detoured, and Route 11 will be converted to bus and detoured for the duration of the project. Check www.septa.org for travel information or call Customer Service at 215-580-7800. o NOTE: For the duration of the project, the 60th and Woodland stop will be eliminated in both directions for both the Route 11 and Route G. Also, the Route G will not make stops at 58th and Woodland and 58th & Greenway during the project.
o Route 11 Eastbound will be detoured via Woodland Ave., left on 61st St., right on Kingsessing Ave., right on 58th St., and regular route resumes.
o Route 11 Westbound will be detoured via Woodland Ave., right on 58th St., left on Kingsessing Ave., left on 61st St., right on Woodland Ave., and regular route resumes.
o Route G Northbound will be detoured via Woodland Ave., left on 61st St., right on Kingsessing Ave., left on 58th St., and regular route resumes.
o Route G Southbound will be detoured via 58th St., right on Kingsessing Ave., left on 61st St., right on Woodland Ave., and regular route resumes.
– Vehicular traffic will be restricted in the work areas.
– Emergency vehicles will have uninterrupted access. Trash collection and other city utilities will continue to have access.
– Local traffic will be permitted up to the construction site.
– Posted traffic detours will be erected and maintained around the work area in progress.
– Normal construction hours are – Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm. (Occasional weekend work may be needed.)
– Vehicular parking will not be permitted in the construction zone or adjacent to the tracks being reconstructed.
– Exceptions/Arrangements will be made as required for those with special needs. – Delivery vehicles will have limited access; drivers may have to park and carry in parcels. – Pedestrian access will be arranged to businesses open during construction.
– Reduced vibrations – increased continuity with steel tie construction and increased bonding. – Smoother ride for trolleys and vehicular traffic – new and improved track components. – New Street Surface – new concrete/asphalt paving and line painting.
SEPTA greatly appreciates your patience and understanding while this important construction project is completed.
SEPTA – Public & Government Affairs
For additional information visit www.septa.org or contact the SEPTA Customer Service Department at 215-580-7800.