The Community Green Grants program is designed to support residents and leaders in coming together to care for, celebrate in, and appreciate nature in our communities. Funding goes directly to support community visions toward greener, cleaner, and thriving neighborhoods. This cycle of green grants included a priority of Youth-based programming including enjoyable and valuable activities like beautifying community gardens, using existing garden space as an outdoor classroom to teach urban agriculture and nature-based education, drone programming, and career workshops with a focus of nature.
- 29 applications received
- 19 grant awards, totaling over $53,000
- Grants are benefiting the Deeply Rooted neighborhoods of Mill Creek, Kingsessing, Haddington, Carroll Park, Belmont, Paschall, Elmwood, and Cobbs Creek
FALL 2023 AWARDEES
Congratulations to all of our grant recipients:
- HMC Squared Community Association
- Know Your Worth Girls Inc.
- John Barry Elementary School
- Black Girl Joy Ride
- Mantua Worldwide Community, Inc.
- Global Thinking Initiatives Inc
- Mending Broken Wings Foundation
- Root Catalyst
- Mill Creek Advisory Council
- Mill Creek Urban Farm
- Mobile Holistic Healing Services
- Ethio-Philly Young Adult Association
- City Life Philly-Southwest
- Southwest Initiative for Transformation
- Original American Foundation
- Benjamin B. Comegys School
- South Paxon St Community Garden
- St. Peter’s Church Of God
- Community Health and Gardens Inc
Award decisions were made by Deeply Rooted lead partners: Community of Compassion CDC, Southwest CDC, Sister Clara Muhammad CDC, Boost CDC, and ACHIEVEability, along the Urban Health Lab team at Penn Medicine’s Center for Health Justice.