- Want to expand and deepen your understand of some of the primary herbs to keep in your home apothecary?
- Want to study herbal medicine with others, in person?
- Have a hard time finding reliable, well sourced info when trying to research herbal medicine online?
- Want to know the best way to use each herb and what dosage to take
- Enjoy lecture-style learning?
The Digestive System Herbs Materia Medica workshop is part of the Goldenrod Herbal Studies series, taught by Clinical Herbalist Kelly McCarthy of Attic Apothecary.
This workshop is divided into two days: January 28-29, 9am-3pm. It can be taken individually or together with the other two workshops in the Body Systems & Materia Medica series: Nervous System Herbs (October 1-2) and Immune System Herbs (December 3-4).
These weekend intensives give you the opportunity to dive deep with 13 different plants, with a focus on supporting one body system. The curriculum will go over each body system briefly, with a focus on tasting and talking about each plant individually, including:
- Specific indications: why would you choose this plant over similar plants
- Common uses
- Which medicine preparation methods work best
- Dosage instructions
- Safety info and contraindications
- Cultural, emotional, and spiritual uses
- Common and botanical Latin names
- Which part of this plant is used
- Tasting, touching, smelling the plant medicine
- Plant ID
- Growing / harvesting info
- Herbal energetics: hot, cold, damp, dry
- Plant actions
New to the world of herbal medicine making? Be sure to check out the preceding workshops: Medicine Making Foundations I and II!
Please read the following details for information on pricing, payment plans, and other workshops in the Goldenrod Herbal Studies series.
This course includes 2 sessions, running from 9 am-3 pm on:
- Saturday, January 28
- Sunday, January 29
Your registration includes both sessions.
Goldenrod Herbal Studies: Digestive System Herbs Materia Medica