*Starting Pay Rate: $19.68/hour – progressing to $32.80 after 48 Months, based on applicable contract.
- Performs diagnosis of average mechanical, electrical and pneumatic trouble.
- Makes unit replacements and adjustments on vehicle equipment.
- Makes repairs incidental to state inspections.
- Replaces such items as diaphragms, slack adjusters, application valves, air hoses; front axle assembles, quick releases and relay valves, mufflers, exhaust pipes, etc.
- Adjusts brakes and clutches; uses feelers to tolerance of .002 in; checks assembly for concentricity.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited technical school in the automotive repair field with certification required.
- In lieu of recent certification from accredited technical school in related field, one year of work experience in the repair of gas or diesel engines is an acceptable equivalent.
- Must satisfactorily complete qualification and performance tests including written Mechanic Knowledge Test.
- Must possess tools pertinent to occupation.
- Must possess valid driver’s license class. Will be required to obtain CDL license after hire.
- Must be able to work a varied shift.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.septa.org.