The 2021 Philly Leaf Recycling Program runs Monday, November 8 through Saturday, December 18, 2021. The program is one of several services provided by the Streets Department to honor the City’s on-going commitment to recycling. This recycling program helps to reduce the amount of materials that reach the waste stream and saves landfill space.
During the six-week program, there will be 13 bagged leaf drop-off sites throughout the City on Saturdays (except for the 13th and 27th) from 9 AM to 3 PM at the locations listed below. Residents can also drop bagged leaves off at the Sanitation Convenience Centers, Monday through Saturday from 8 AM – 6 PM. Mechanical leaf collection will be offered in areas with a heavy concentration of leaves.
● 1400 Cottman – Pennway & Cottman Ave. (Jardel Rec.)
● 15th & Bigler St.
● 43rd & Powelton Ave.
● 4800 Wayne Ave. (Happy Hollow Rec. Ctr.)
● 54th & Woodbine Ave.
● 7901 Ridgeway St. (Fox Chase Rec.)
● American & Thompson St.
● Broad & Christian St.
● Castor & Foulkrod St.
● Cathedral & Ridge Ave.
● Corinthian & Poplar St.
● Graver Ln. & Seminole
● Washington Ln. & Ardleigh
Bagged leaf drop-off collection tips:
• Leaves must be placed in large brown biodegradable paper bags.
• Never mix trash or other recyclables with bagged leaves.
Mechanical collection area tips:
• Have leaves ready for collection by 7:00 AM Monday for each week of mechanical collection.
• If possible, move your vehicle to an off-street location on your scheduled collection day.
• Visit phila.gov/leaf-recycling to search for an address.
Help the City keep leaves out of the landfill. Collect, bag, and recycle your leaves.
For drop-off details and leaf collection schedules visit phila.gov/leaf-recycling or call 311.