The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is now open. With colder weather arriving, LIHEAP helps low income families pay their heating bills through a federal grant to keep families safe and warm. Payments are based on household size, income, and fuel type. Applicants could receive between $500-$1,500. Customers with overdue balances or whose gas service is turned off, can apply for Crisis Grant as well for up to $1,200. LIHEAP will be open until May 6, 2022.
- TAP– Philadelphia Water Department: If you are struggling to pay your water bills, apply for a lower water bill. Low income customers, seniors, and anyone experiencing a special hardship making it difficult to pay water bills, can apply.
- CAP– PECO: If you are struggling with energy bills, apply for a monthly credit on your PECO bill. The credit is based on your monthly gross household income, annual energy usage and energy burden.
- CRP– PG works: You can cut your bill in half and have past debts forgiven when applying. CRP discount is based on household size, gross household income, and average gas bill.
Visit Southwest CDC at 6328 Paschall Avenue, 19142 from Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
MASKS ARE REQUIRED
- Bring current Photo ID- Pennsylvania drivers or non drivers
- Social Security Cards of everyone in the household (photocopies accepted.)
- All income received in last 60 days for everyone in the household
- If paid biweekly- 2 pay stubs, if paid weekly- 4 pay stubs
- If you received Pension or Retirement benefits, you will need the statement/letter
- If you received Social Security, SSI, or SSD, you will need Award Letter for 2018-2019
- If you are receiving unemployment benefits, you will need your benefit notice.
- You must have all utility bills for the last 30 days
- If you are applying for oil, you must have most recent receipt from your fuel supplier