Offers Safety Tips for Trick or Treaters
(PHILADELPHIA, PA) – EMTs from American Medical Response (AMR) in Philadelphia will hand out treats at Pacifico Auto’s “Trunk or Treat” celebrations on Friday, October 29. The event is designed to foster safe trick or treating in the community and AMR will have a decorated ambulance and its therapy dog “Haven” on hand.
The event will include other fun activities, such as face painting, costume photo shoots, a moon bounce and hot chocolate. And of course, the stuff that no Halloween event would be complete without… lots of candy! Come join the Pacifico and AMR families for a day full of Halloween fun!
“AMR Philadelphia is excited to partner with Pacifico to help make this a memorable Halloween for our community.” said John M. Robben, AMR’s Regional Director in Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey. “They say it takes a village to raise kids and our EMTs are thrilled to be part of that community that is helping kids stay safe and out of the emergency room.”
Robben also offered these additional Halloween Safety Tips for trick-or-treating.
- Children under 12 should be accompanied by an adult
- Travel only in familiar, well-lit areas
- Never enter a stranger’s home
- Agree on a specific time to return home
- Carry a flashlight with fresh batteries to help see and be seen
- Review pedestrian and traffic safety rules
- Do not to eat any treats until they are inspected by adults
- Maintain 6-feet of social distance at all times
- Follow all state mandates on facial coverings. The CDC recommends children ages 2 and above wear masks in public settings or when around people who do not live in your household.
When making or purchasing Halloween costumes, follow these safety precautions to ensure your children remain safe while looking great:
- All costumes, wigs and accessories should be fire-resistant
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags for better nighttime visibility
- Halloween makeup should be non-toxic
- Non-toxic makeup or decorative hats are safer than masks, which can limit or block eyesight
- Wear good-fitting costumes and shoes to avoid trips and falls
- American Medical Response EMTs
- Pacifico Auto Group Representatives
WHAT: Activities like: face painting, photo shoots, moon bounce, hot chocolate and candy
WHERE: Pacifico Auto Group Lot
6701 Essington Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 10462
WHEN: Friday, October 29th, 2021
4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
NOTE: Attendees will be asked to adhere to all COVID-19 safety guidelines and face masks are required.
For more information on Halloween Safety, visit the National Safety Council’s website at www.nsc.org.