Multiple Full-time position at $15/hour
Organization: Southwest CDC
6328 Paschall Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19142
Job Title: Group Leader – McDaniel School, 1801 S 22nd 19145
Southwest CDC will host several cohorts in McDaniel School which will support the School District of Philadelphia’s extended school year learning process by providing 6 weeks of academic support and extracurricular activities for rising 1st – 8th grade students in Philadelphia during the summer of 2021. Southwest CDC is required to deliver 7.5 hours of services per day (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), Monday through Friday. This position begins June 21, 2021 and will end August 6, 2021. It is possible that the position will not be continued beyond August 6th.
• Provide programming for students after conclusion of instructional programming until 4:30
• Facilitate sign-in upon arrival in the morning
• Facilitate brain break rotation in daily schedule for assigned cohorts of students.
• As needed, support with conflict resolution and problem solving for students during and after the instructional program
• Communicate OST supervisors and district staff as appropriate to ensure continuity of support for students during and after the instructional program.
• Coordinate with school nurse regarding any health needs for students in the afternoon, on Fridays and for the final week of programming
• Facilitate digital enrichment activities in the case of closure
• Ensure all health and safety protocols are followed during afternoon enrichment and programming
• Prepare materials, supplies, and equipment for after school enrichment focused on Art and Athletics
• Ensure all materials used for afterschool enrichment are sanitized and/or prepare single use materials as appropriate
Qualifications/Skilled and Knowledge Requirements:
§ High school diploma or higher.
§ Must have all clearances (NSOR, PA Child abuse, FBI, and PA Criminal History)
§ Must have the ability to work well with children.
§ Must be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time.
§ Must be able to carry heavy supplies (up to 15 lbs).
The Group Leader is a full-time, non-exempt position. The City Access Center will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position requires that the Group Leader stay will children until they are picked up by guardians, even if they are not there by 4:30 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time – Pay: $15.00 per hour. If interested in applying send a resume to email@example.com.