A FREE-Admission two-day cultural art and music exhibition Presented by FunTimes Magazine.
The Colour of Culture: A Celebration of the African Diaspora is a free live art gallery and two-day exhibition showcasing local Black visual artists and live music. The event is presented by FunTimes Magazine in collaboration with Elebration, Sol Fed and ZBE Productions. The community art exhibition celebrates the vibrant cultural diversity of creatives in communities of color.
Enjoy an evocative and enlightening live music showcase and cypher lounge with Milena & friends of Solfed Open Mic, all-female band Black Canvas and a roundtable discussion on Black Arts and Liberation, a custom vintage clothing shop by Rashied Amon of the Black Culture Museum, paired with Sounds of the Diaspora with DJ Reezey and “Brown St. Café,” which is a Black-owned coffee brand-tasting by ZBE coffee — accompanied by artwork by Nile Livingston.
The Colour of Culture celebrates Black culture and heritage of Africa, the Caribbean and the Americas. It is a showcase for Black creatives and professionals in Philadelphia in efforts to effectively build a stronger community of Black artists, entrepreneurs, intellectuals and activists.The event is part of an ongoing multifaceted arts, cultural, music and educational mission showcasing visual artists and highlighting the value and contributions of local leaders in the Philadelphia cultural economy.
Saturday, May 21, 2022 at 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. (EST)
Sunday, May 22, 2022 at 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
1226 N 52nd St Philadelphia, PA 19131/ West Philadelphia
(52nd and Stiles sts., between Thompson and Girard Ave.)
The Colour of Culture Event Details:
Experience an immersive environment featuring:
· Visual art, paintings and sculptures by local artists.
· Featured exhibiting artists are: Terrence L. Gore, Nile Livingston, Gail Lloyd, Niambi Brown, Dwayne Alistar, Rashied Amon, Ikru and more.
· Scents by local artisans including incense, flower arrangements, candles, etc.
· Sounds of the Diaspora ft. DJ Reezey showcasing cultural Indigenous Afro & Caribbean music and an all-female band Black Canvas.
· Custom vintage T-shirts by Rashied Amon of the Black Culture Museum.
· Cypher lounge and live music performances brought to you by Milena of Sol Fed Open Mic including singers and spoken-word artists.
· A tasting of Black-owned coffee brands by ZBE Coffee.
· A roundtable discussion on Black Arts & Liberation.
· Food and drinks provided by The Teal Owl Cafe and Brown’s Shoprite.
Register here for free:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-colour-of-culture-tickets-322203337857