The Liheap Crisis Cooling Program has officially started. The program dates are from May 1st, 2023 to August 31st. Each Liheap Crisis Client that has received a cash grant or heating services during the last 12 months will be eligible to receive cooling services.
Any Liheap customer that has received LIHEAP within November 1st, 2022 to May 12th will be eligible.
Cooling Program Eligibility
• All Liheap Crisis Clients Must have an official award letter that states that they have received Liheap funds for this fiscal year.
The client can obtain their award letter from the local county assistance office or through their Compass account online.
• If the Client received heating services for the Liheap season through ECA, they will automatically become a Crisis Cooling Client if they are interested in the service.
• If the Liheap Crisis client received heating services through PHDC then they must go through PHDC as a Cooling Client.
Three types of cooling units are available:
• 2 A/C window units
• 2 fan units
• 1 Fan unit and 1 A/C window unit
(Each Window A/C unit will receive a window cover)
Central Air And Heat Pump Systems
- Any Liheap client that currently has a Central Air or Heat pump system that is non-operational and has not operated in the past 8 years will receive a new system.
- ECA will not install new central air or heat pump systems to customers that do not have an existing unit. Subcontractor’s will install window units or drop off units.
In Philadelphia, the Energy Coordinating Agency and Philadelphia Housing Development Corporation are administering the program. People can go in person to a Neighborhood Energy Center to apply.
For more information please call the County Assistance Office at 215-560-1583