The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period starts January 1st and ends March 31st every year. During this period, you can switch Medicare Advantage plans or leave a Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people aged 65 or older. Certain people younger than age 65 can qualify for Medicare too, including those with disabilities and those who have permanent kidney failure.
How to Apply for Medicare
Whether you are signing up for Original Medicare, a Medicare Advantage plan or other Medicare coverage options, you can get started enrolling today.
Signing up for Original Medicare
You can sign up for Medicare one of four ways:
- Apply online on the Social Security website: https://www.ssa.gov/
- Visit your local Social Security office
- Call Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
- If you worked for a railroad, call the Railroad Retirement Board at 1-877-772-5772
- Complete an Application for Enrollment in Part B (CMS-40B)
If you need help applying, Southwest CDC can help. Email email@example.com or